Sector: Mechanical Contractor
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with match
- A Safety Driven, Innovative and Collaborative Culture
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Market Driven Comp Structure
- Relocation Assistance Available
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Our client has been providing innovative industrial construction solutions for 70+ years. They are known in the industry as an organization committed to excellence and building lasting relationships with clients.
This position is responsible for directing, coordinating, maintaining, and controlling an accounting system that properly reflects the financial position of a publicly traded, regional mechanical contractor, providing construction and service in Indiana and various other states. The successful candidate will provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning and budget management functions and ensure that the company accounting procedures and reporting conform to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles while maintaining appropriate internal controls. Position will be based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Oversee daily operation of the accounting department and improve operational efficiency.
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation of new initiatives.
- Prepare, maintain and report financial records and analyses.
- Prepare and analyze percentage of completion reports for projects.
- Establish and maintain effective business relations with vendors, outside auditors and regulators as well as internal, regional, and corporate personnel.
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing and cash flow.
- Maintain effective communication and coordination between location and CSUSA corporate accounting team.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the company’s financial and operating performance
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and capital investment decisions
- Work with Sr Leadership to develop business plans
- Assist in establishing short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Able to support the accounting department and business of approximately $120 million with additional growth anticipated
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance. (preferred)
- Five to Ten years of experience in a mid to senior level accounting position.
- Experience working for a publicly traded company (preferred).
- Experience with, General Ledger, Job Cost and Percentage of Completion Accounting (preferred).
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple competing demands
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
Steven M. Brown, MSPSteven.Brown@Pivotworkforceus.com 1.480.240.2241
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!