Business Development Engineer, HVAC
Sector: Mechanical Contractor
Category: Mechanical, HVAC, Construction, Service, Sales, Business Development
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER, COMMERCIAL HVAC SERVICE
ABQ, NM – 2 NEEDS
- Competitive Wages
- Generous Tiered Bonus Program with Quarterly Payout
- Medical, Dental + Vision Benefits
- 401k with Immediate Employer Contribution
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Auto Allowance
Our client is one of the most reputable mechanical contractors in the Tucson, AZ market specializing in commercial HVAC solutions. We are looking for a Business Development Engineer with commercial HVAC Knowledge to join their expanding team. In addition to an HVAC background, the ideal candidate is able to establish rapport with clients and vendors and collaborate to provide solutions based on client needs.
- Ability to close total annual factored sales at predetermined levels.
- Able to qualify prospects, makes effective sales presentations, answers questions and objections in a proficient and responsible manner. Aggressively manages quotes to close sales.
- Able to plan and efficiently schedule appointments and manage time to assure maximum productivity and responsiveness to customer’s time schedules.
- Appraise and survey mechanical systems. Understand prospect’s needs and problems. Determine repair, modification, and/or replacement requirements to provide prospects with solutions to problems. Interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- Able to provide modification/repair/replacement recommendations and to document these so the customer and operations/delivery understands what is required.
- Able to estimate cost of proposed repair/modification/replacement and apply company pricing standards to the estimate.
- Able to increase existing customers’ perception of and use of the company’s services by providing prompt, cost-effective solutions to customer’s problems. Able to provide products to improve customer’s facility.
- Able to identify prospects in assigned market. Promptly follow up on leads and referrals. Establish customer rapport and identify needs. Maintain an active backlog of quotes to assure booking goal is consistently met.
- Promptly address customer concerns to assure resolution of problems and maintain long-term positive relationships.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical systems as acquired through the completion of an apprenticeship or degree program.
- Ability to estimate a range of different projects of ranging scope effectively to positively impact profitability.
- Ability to proactively chase market opportunities and maintain an active backlog to ensure business longevity and stability.
- Ability to manage project lifecycle up to handover to Project Manager.
- Able to build rapport with customers, vendors and other stakeholders as necessary to positively represent the organizations interest.
- Strong pre-construction knowledge of best practices.
Employment is dependent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening and background check. Given the bona fide occupational qualifications of this role, the candidate must have a clean driving record. EOE.