Mechanical Project Engineer
Mechanical Project Manager
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with company premium contribution
- Company paid basic life insurance, long-term disability, and three Employee Assistance Programs [EAP]
- Voluntary [employee paid] short-term disability, additional life insurance, and AFLAC
- 401K retirement plan with employer matching funds
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts available
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Discretionary bonuses
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Mechanical Project Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Mechanical Project Engineer, you will play a key role in planning, designing, and overseeing mechanical projects from conception to completion. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced engineer looking to take on challenging projects and make a significant impact.
The Ideal Candidate
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including architects, designers, and contractors, to develop mechanical project plans and specifications.
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost analyses to determine the viability and financial implications of proposed projects.
- Design and engineer mechanical systems, including HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection, adhering to industry standards and codes.
- Prepare detailed project schedules, budgets, and resource allocations, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Oversee project execution, providing guidance to project teams and ensuring compliance with design specifications and quality standards.
- Conduct regular site visits to monitor progress, resolve technical issues, and ensure adherence to safety protocols.
- Coordinate with suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors to procure materials and equipment necessary for project implementation.
- Manage project documentation, including drawings, specifications, contracts, and change orders.
- Conduct regular project meetings and effectively communicate project updates to stakeholders, including clients and management.
- Identify and mitigate project risks, implementing proactive measures to ensure project success.
Other Essential Functions
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in mechanical project engineering, preferably within the construction or building services industry.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or other relevant design software.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical systems, codes, and regulations.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification is preferred but not required.
- Valid driver’s license required. Current PE license preferred.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION – EXEMPT: SALARIED | LOCATION: CLEVELAND, OH |PIVOT WORKFORCE LLC.