HVAC Mechanical Engineer
Sector: Mechanical Contractor
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with company premium contribution
- Company paid basic life insurance, long-term disability, and three Employee Assistance Programs [EAP]
- Voluntary [employee paid] short-term disability, additional life insurance, and AFLAC
- 401K retirement plan with employer matching funds
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts available
- 7 paid holidays per year
- 80 hours vacation pay, accrued by hours worked and available after 90 days [Accrual increases after 5 and 10 years of service]
- 48 hours paid time off per year [prorated for first year of employment]
- Discretionary bonuses
What You Will Be Doing
Our client is one of the largest Mechanical Contractors in the Northwest. As an HVAC Mechanical Engineer, you will work closely with their Project Managers and Sales staff to provide customers with HVAC design solutions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Participate in all aspects of the HVAC system design process including research, design, load calculations for system sizing, layout, sizing of components, and equipment selection.
- Analyze customer specifications and performance requirements to determine mechanical designs.
- Assure all code requirements are met and provide necessary information for permit applications.
- Assist with budget, pre-contract designs, and presentations.
- Perform site surveys as required to verify details necessary for complete and accurate design.
Other Essential Functions
- 3-years related experience in the HVAC industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with HVAC principles, technical applications, and related federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products, CAD, and Revit knowledge is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license required. Current PE license preferred.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION – EXEMPT: SALARIED | LOCATION: TACOMA, WA |PIVOT WORKFORCE LLC.