Company Overview: We are a leading mechanical contracting company in Central Mississippi specializing in commercial plumbing construction projects. We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Plumbing Superintendent to join our team. This position will be responsible for overseeing multiple commercial plumbing projects in the Central Mississippi area. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing project needs, including materials, personnel, schedules, and communication with the project management team, customers, and building officials.
- Fully understand project schedules, milestones, submittals, contract documents (addenda, specifications, drawings), and in-house shop drawings. Utilize these documents to coordinate work on-site with other trades.
- Complete all required paperwork and diligently process daily reports, next week plans, accident reports, disciplinary reports.
- Run and manage small-scale commercial plumbing construction projects and oversee multiple job sites simultaneously.
- Demonstrate proven experience in managing multiple crews, from Foreman level personnel to Apprentices (experience at the journeyman level with 10+ years of experience can also be considered).
- Coordinate with other trades to ensure the timely completion of plumbing scope of work within the project schedule.
- Make prudent monetary decisions on behalf of the company, up to $5,000.
- Ensure the safe performance of personnel and equipment on job sites.
- Plan ahead and communicate with the operations or project manager regarding current and future labor needs on the job.
- Understand and comply with the company’s tool policy and effectively communicate these values to less experienced employees.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience running and managing commercial plumbing jobs.
- Supervision experience on projects ranging from $1 million to $5 million in value.
- Experience overseeing job site personnel, from foreman through apprentice.
- Proficiency in completing required documentation electronically.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong adherence to and promotion of company safety policies.
- OSHA 30-hour certification preferred.
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!