- Medical, dental, and vision insurance with company premium contribution
- Company paid basic life insurance, long-term disability, and three Employee Assistance Programs [EAP]
- Voluntary [employee paid] short-term disability, additional life insurance, and AFLAC
- 401K retirement plan with employer matching funds
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts available
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Discretionary bonuses
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Service Manager to lead and oversee our mechanical contracting service department. As the Service Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of maintenance, repair, and technical support services to our diverse clientele. Your leadership skills, technical expertise, and customer-focused approach will drive the success of our service operations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Team Leadership: Lead a team of skilled technicians and support staff, providing guidance, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative work environment. Manage work schedules, assign tasks, and ensure high levels of team performance and morale.
- Service Delivery: Oversee all aspects of service operations, including scheduling and dispatching technicians, managing service requests, and ensuring timely and quality service delivery to meet client needs and contractual agreements.
- Technical Expertise: Possess an in-depth understanding of mechanical systems and equipment, enabling you to provide technical guidance, troubleshoot complex issues, and ensure accurate diagnosis and effective solutions.
- Customer Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with clients by understanding their requirements, addressing concerns, and providing exceptional customer service. Proactively engage with clients to identify opportunities for service improvement and upselling.
- Resource Management: Efficiently allocate resources, including manpower, tools, equipment, and parts inventory, to maximize service efficiency and minimize downtime.
- Safety Compliance: Enforce strict adherence to safety protocols and regulations, ensuring a safe working environment for all team members and promoting a culture of safety awareness.
- Budget Oversight: Collaborate with the management team to develop and manage the service department budget, monitor expenses, and identify cost-saving opportunities while maintaining service quality.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of service activities, including work orders, service reports, inventory, and customer communications. Utilize technology to streamline processes and enhance documentation accuracy.
- Training and Development: Identify training needs, facilitate technical training sessions, and promote continuous learning and skill development among team members.
Other Essential Functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field (preferred).
- Proven experience (5+ years) in mechanical contracting, HVAC, plumbing, or related industries.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate, coach, and develop a diverse team.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and technical aptitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients, team members, and other stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and relevant software applications.
- Knowledge of industry regulations, codes, and safety standards.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel as needed.
FLSA CLASSIFICATION – EXEMPT: SALARIED | LOCATION: AMES, IA |PIVOT WORKFORCE LLC.