The Project Accountant, as a key participant in financial reporting, will provide timely and accurate information reporting, including responsibilities for job cost tracking, balance sheet reconciliations, research, and communication with project managers on project status and payment approvals. This will be 100% on-site and located in Houston, TX.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Match – Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays
- Manage the financial aspects of the POC Revenue recognition process, including assuring compliance with related corporate policy over maintaining processes to determine cost-to- complete, loss reserves, segmentation, etc.
- Audit and control financial models to provide continuous and accurate reporting on jobs in progress
- Support in month end and year end close related to project accounting
- Prepare and issue accurate and timely weekly as well as monthly project reports
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and guidelines, delegation of authority, deviation approval process and terms and conditions limitations
- Lead and participate in teams to improve processes and performance (all financial or cross-functional teams), including the use of process maps
- Document and maintain financial processes and procedures
- Provide business with transactional and competitive feedback
- Ad hoc financial reporting and analysis
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong ERP working knowledge
- Strong MS Office, Excel, Word
- Effective communication, interpersonal, analysis and critical thinking skills, combined with a quality results orientation
- Financial experience in the area of accounting or project accounting using the percentage-of-completion method
- Demonstrated self-confidence and a customer mindset
- Strong process skills and discipline
Education & Training:
- Business degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!