Sr. Accounts Payable Accountant
Sr. Accounts Payable Accountant
The Senior Accounts Payable Accountant will work in the Accounts Payable department and report directly to the Accounts Payable Manager. This position will be responsible for coordinating and analyzing all data associated with the account payable functions. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in full-cycle general ledger accounting, accounts payable, inventory, and cost accounting, and solid experience in working independently in a fast-paced environment.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Match – Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays
- Work effectively with internal and external business partners/vendors to ensure accurate, on-time payments.
- Coordinate with other departments to meet the cash/volume discounts criteria for eligible payments/purchases.
- Collaborate with the other related departments to have a regular review of open purchase orders (PO’s) to define the status of each PO.
- Prepare regular account reconciliations, follow-up on differences, and regular collaboration with all related parties.
- Identify, evaluate, suggest, and implement process improvement opportunities for the account payable functions.
- Verify purchase invoices, receipts, cost allocations, and code invoices with the proper general ledger accounts.
- Full-cycle Accounts payable in a high-volume environment with $30M+ per month in AP invoices, preferable in construction and/or manufacturing industries.
- Prepare month-end purchase invoice accruals and complete review and analysis for Goods Received but Not Invoiced (GRNI) on a monthly basis.
- Process expense reimbursement requests and process any related payments.
- Prepare payments to business partners/vendors via checks, ACH, or wires.
- Review and verify taxes, use-tax, tax exemptions, and any applicable taxes within the account payable functions.
- Assist in preparing, reviewing, and filing annual 1099’s tax forms.
- Assist/support the account payable manager as needed.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Advanced level in working with Microsoft Excel, mainly XLOOKUP, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, SUMIFs, Sorting, Filter, Pivot Table, and Text to Columns functions/formulas.
- Critical Thinking and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with various levels of Mgmt.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and organization of AP responsibilities.
- 5 – 10 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Good general experience with ERP systems such as Infor LN, SAP ERP, Oracle NetSuite, Sage Intacct, M.S Navision, or Workday.
- Good general understanding of accounting principles.
Education & Training:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field or solid practical experience performing the above-mentioned key job responsibilities.
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
Position is at least 90% to 95% at a desk working with computer. Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Performs other physical activities including use of fingers, sitting, stooping, bending, crouching, talking, hearing and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal and conduct extensive reading. The incumbent will be subject to inside office environmental conditions.
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!