The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for installing and maintaining the production machines and plant facility’s mechanical/electrical equipment.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Match – Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays
- Performing highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facility’s electrical equipment
- Planning, layout, installing, and repairing a wide variety of complex electrical equipment including control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers, electronic controls, and other equipment
- Diagnosing problems, replace, or repair parts, detect, and replace defective control modules, test and make adjustments
- Performing regular preventive maintenance on machines and plant facilities including but not limited to, air compressors, lighting systems, cranes, welding machines, bandsaw, and other fabrication equipment
- Performing a variety of plumbing maintenance, mechanical and carpentry functions
- Must be capable of building and wiring electrical circuits for industrial applications reading blueprints
- Detecting faulty operations, defective material, and report these and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Compiling with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas reading and interpreting engineering blueprints.
- Servicing and maintaining equipment including motors, conveyor systems, transmission systems, and production-related equipment.
- Inspecting and assessing the functionality of production machines.
- Troubleshooting electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Using hand and machine tools as necessary.
- Removing and replacing parts for repairs or machine upgrades as directed.
- Conducting routine maintenance and safety checks.
- Communicating with the maintenance supervisor and manager on work orders items, and with the production team on repair and PM status, maintaining a clean work area.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Use advanced trades & mathematics together with CAD drawings and specifications involving thorough technical skill knowledge and application of basic theory
- Considerable judgment required to plan and perform unusual and difficult work where only general methods are available
- Able to make decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity
- Able to perform troubleshooting in production equipment
- Able to handle multitask situation and work independently with a minimum supervision
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and materials handling equipment in performing duties
- Ability to read basic mechanical and electrical prints
- Ability to use test and measurement tools, tape measure, OD Mics.
- Ability to use electrical testers, multimeter, voltage tester
- Ability to troubleshoot basic electrical components, and basic mechanical functions
- Knowledge of and able to use computer email, and other basic use programs.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Able to work up to 12 hours a day when required
- Lock-out Tag-out; HAZMAT; Forklift Safety
- Electrostatic Discharge, Foreign Object Damage, and Quality System Awareness
- Electrical troubleshooting and Mechanical experience required
- Good communication and relationship with other employees
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive in planning assigned tasks to reduce production downtime
- Ability to learn new skills, machines, and maintenance procedures
Education & Training:
- High School or Technical School education
- PLC Training is a plus
- Crane repair training is a plus
- Welding machine repair training is a plus
- Forklift repair training is a plus
- HVAC repair training is a plus
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Work performed in a shop environment.
- Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Requires normal vision and absence of color blindness
- Physical effort equal to frequent moving of up to 50lbs materials.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
- The use of Safety Glasses is required.
- Hard hat required.
- The use of earplugs is recommended.
- Ability to stand up to 10 hours a day (with a lunch in between) and up to 6 days a week.
- Ability to work in a non-air-conditioned environment.
- Steel-toe boots required in Manufacturing Facility
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!