Grand Rapids MI
Sector: Mechanical Contractor
Category: Mechanical, HVAC, Construction, Service
LOCATION: GRAND RAPIDS, MI
- Prescription (included within the medical plan)
- 401(k) Plan with multiple investment options
- Basic life insurance – company paid
- Basic accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) – company paid
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – company paid
- Short term disability (STD) – after 1 year of employment – company paid
- Paid Holidays – 7 days
- Paid Vacation
- Paid time off (PTO)
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Provide comprehensive office and job support to our Project Management team.
- Efficiently issue purchase orders, manage material and equipment purchases.
- Oversee job OCIP/CCIP, MWBE requirements, bonds, and document control.
- Streamline the process of pulling building permits and requesting inspections.
- Expertly manage subcontractor agreements and the subsequent work agreements.
- Accurately process monthly progress billings using our specialized software and AIA Documents.
- Code invoices for payment swiftly and accurately.
- Collaborate with the project management team to track various projects from initiation to completion.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the technical systems’ materials, equipment, and components.
- Skillfully compose and edit letters, memos, reports, and procedures as directed.
- Assist in assembling and processing various day-to-day administrative items, such as expense reports, supply requisitions, RFI’s, submittals, shop drawings, procurement, quantity take-offs, etc., following supervisor’s guidance.
- Prepare special reports, studies, and statistical analyses as requested by the supervisor, which may involve research, development, and interpretation of data with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate meetings effectively, including setting up conference room and teleconferencing arrangements.
- Create and modify documents using MS Word and Excel and develop compelling presentations using PowerPoint.
- Establish and maintain an organized filing system.
- Perform general clerical duties, including taking meeting minutes, copying, faxing, sorting, binding, managing supplies inventory, and handling miscellaneous errands.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- High school degree or equivalent, with a preference for 1-2 years of business school/clerical training.
- 3-5 years of proven support/experience in the construction industry.
- Familiarity with office routines and business protocol.
- Experience in billing, construction terms, paperwork, and processes.
- Working knowledge of reporting and billing needs in the construction industry.
- Familiarity with documentation, systems, and management procedures in the construction industry.
- Strong computer skills and effective MS Office proficiency.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanners, printers, multi-line phone systems, calculators, and adding machines.
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!