Regional Service Vice President
Sector: Mechanical Contractor
Category: Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Commercial Construction, Industrial Construction, MEP
The Regional Vice President Sales and Service of the Midwest region, which consists of multiple operating companies. The successful candidate will live in the Midwestern part of the US. (Virtual) and is a servant leader who is ultimately responsible for the overall performance (Safety, Sales, Operational Excellence, Profit, and Growth) of the Service division for his/her region. A successful Sales and Service VP will partner with his/her RVP to assist in the strategic vision and profitable performance of each operating company provided through influential leadership.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for safety performance, and annual profit goals overseeing a region within the organization, which consists of 6 operating companies (OpCo) with approximately 1000 employees and with $175M+ in revenue.
- Collaborates with the Regional Safety Director to provide visible leadership for the orgs safety culture, supporting the planning and implementation of each opco’s safety program to align with the company safety commitment.
- Works with Regional team and local service leaders to develop growth oriented operating budgets and local market business plans to achieve budgets as well as short- and long-term goals.
- Encourages team development and networking between opcos to encourage best practices, innovation, and collaboration.
- Serves as the Service sales and operations subject matter expert for region.
- Travel is required over 50% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required, MBA preferred.
- Experience running large (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) service sales or operations team, or a business unit required.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in a service leadership position inside a successful full-service contracting company with revenues of more than $25M required.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification preferred (required within first year of hire)
- A clear understanding of the latest technologies and processes used in service operations and sales is required.
- Sandler sales methodology expertise, or equivalent
- Operational level of fluency in reading and reporting on financial and operational business reports required.
- Possesses the highest personal and professional integrity.
- Leads through influence and humility.
- Ability to effectively work, communicate, and build relationships with those of multicultural and multinational backgrounds and at varying organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, judge, and manage risk.
- Is a visionary leader able to balance a macro strategy while addressing day-to-day operational issues in a decentralized organization.