Electrical BIM Trainer
Sector: Electrical Contractor
Category: Commercial Electrical, Industrial Electrical, Medium Voltage, Aviation, Power Plants
BIM Trainer + Electrical Subject Matter Expert – [SME]
The Corporate BIM team member is a crucial member of our team, responsible for supporting the Corporate BIM department and collaborating with employees across the nation within our operating companies. We seek a highly motivated self-starter who excels at problem-solving and envisions workflow processes to enhance efficiency and productivity. This role demands strong problem-solving and forward-thinking abilities to meet critical deadlines and objectives, enabling our client to maintain its leadership and innovation in the construction industry.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate a corporate culture that embodies the clients core values: safety, honesty, respect, innovation, and collaboration.
- Provide technical support and analyze potential prefabrication opportunities to enhance virtual construction growth and efficiency.
- Deliver training and technical support to our operating companies, with a specific focus on electrical contractors through live and virtual training sessions.
- Contribute to the development of an electrical database for our operating companies.
- Foster team development and networking among branch locations to encourage best practices, innovation, and collaboration.
- Collaborate in-house for software plug-in creation, testing, and training for electrical operating companies.
- Assist in the development and training of in-house proprietary cloud software and services.
- Contribute to the development of software tech stacks and data analysis tools.
- Collaborate with local BIM leaders to create processes and plans to achieve established goals.
- Commit to continuous learning and certification as required.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Uphold the orgs ethical business conduct culture and lead by example.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive workplace culture.
- Extensive travel, over 50% of the time, is required.
- Execute other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Avoid any conflicts of interest with org, adhering to applicable policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct.
- Ability to pass a full background screening, MVR, and drug screening.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5–10 years’ experience in the Electrical construction industry.
- Over 5 years of experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM) processes.
- Experience with electrical design, modeling, detailing, and prefabrication.
- Proficiency in Autodesk products (Revit, Navisworks, Autodesk Construction Cloud).
- Proficiency in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power BI).
- Experience in building and maintaining Revit Families.
- Familiarity with Dynamo programming in Revit is a plus.
- Experience in writing C# code or software plug-ins is a plus.
- Familiarity with conduit bending machines and data required from BIM is a plus.
- Demonstrates the highest personal and professional integrity.
- Leads through influence and humility.
- Effective communication and relationship-building skills with multicultural and multinational backgrounds and at varying organizational levels.
- An adept listener and communicator with all stakeholders.
- Ability to assess, judge, and manage risks effectively.
- Thrives in a collaborative, mutually accountable environment.
- Balances macro strategy with addressing day-to-day operational issues in a decentralized organization.
The statements above describe the general nature and level of work for this position and are not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.
Our client, and all subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We treat all individuals equally, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.