Fort Worth TX
Sector: Mechanical Contractor
Category: Accounting, Finance, Controller, Cash Flow Management,
CONTROLLER CLIENT BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with match
- A Safety Driven, Innovative and Collaborative Culture
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Market Driven Comp Structure
- Relocation Assistance Available
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING: Our client, a leading industrial construction solutions provider for over 70 years, is seeking a Controller to join their team. As a key player in this publicly traded, regional mechanical contractor, you will be based in Fort Worth, TX.
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting department, driving operational efficiency.
- Participate in strategic planning and implementation of new initiatives.
- Prepare, maintain, and report financial records and analyses.
- Analyze percentage of completion reports for projects.
- Establish and maintain effective business relations with vendors, auditors, regulators, and internal stakeholders.
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, and cash flow.
- Maintain communication and coordination between location and corporate accounting team.
- Provide financial analysis for contract negotiations and capital investment decisions.
- Assist in establishing short and long-range departmental goals, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate financial audits and recommend procedural improvements.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (preferred).
- Five to Ten years of experience in a mid to senior level accounting position.
- Experience working for a publicly traded company (preferred).
- Familiarity with General Ledger, Job Cost, and Percentage of Completion Accounting (preferred).
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Familiarity with automated financial reporting systems.
- Understanding of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare reports, statements, and projections.
- Well-organized with the ability to prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving ability.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Able to support the accounting department and business of approximately $120 million with additional growth anticipated.
Apply now and be part of a dynamic team committed to excellence and building lasting relationships in the industrial construction industry.