Field Service Technician (Level 3)
Sector: Mechanical Contractor
Category: HVAC, Construction, Services
The role of the Field Service Technician III is to provide field support to our clients. This includes commissioning, troubleshooting, repair or retrofit of the mechanical and electrical systems of a project. This position is responsible for troubleshooting mechanical and electrical equipment, as well as controls, communications, computers, where called upon, and for the documentation of these procedures. The position requires close interface with the Quality Department, Project Engineers and Project Managers, Process Engineer, client personnel, and with other Field Engineers and Field Service Technicians. The Field Service Technician II also assists in monitoring Quality Assurance requirements for completed equipment, and may perform QC checks, or oversee the same. The Field Service Technician II will compile O&M information, transmit critical O&M information during the design and construction phases of the project, and assist in compilation of the final sets of IOM manuals. The Field Service Technician will provide Commissioning of the Mechanical portion of the project. The Field Service Technician reports to the Customer Service Manager. However, this position requires some interface with the Project manager, Production Manager, QA manager, and the Engineering manager, as well as with client personnel or consulting engineers. Cross training in controls and electrical systems is required.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compile O&M information
- Transmit critical O&M information during a project
- Assist in compilation of the final sets of IOM manuals
- Feedback from the field is an integral part of the position
- Create legible “red-line” drawings to submit to Project Manager
- Arrange for a timely hand-off from construction function
- Direct the field commissioning of a project
- Responsible for trouble-shooting all mechanical and electrical equipment
- Provide documented commissioning of the mechanical and electrical portions (at a minimum) of the project
- Close interface with other Field Engineers, Project Engineers and Project managers, with the mechanical and electrical engineers, with service technicians, and with the client’s personnel
- Assist the Production Department in assembly, or in training of factory personnel
- Assist in Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions
- Will possibly perform or oversee QC checks
- Other responsibilities as designated by TAS
- Ability to read drawings and schematics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Office projects
- Exposure to at least one brand of PLC or Building controls.
- Must be able to work independently at the job site.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- HVAC Trade school and/or apprenticeship training preferred.
- Military training and/or technical work experience could be considered in lieu of trade school certification.
- Significant project field experience is required in construction support, startup, repair, and maintenance work.
- Experience with verification of compliance with ASHRAE, ASME, and other relevant codes and practices.
- Ability to travel extensively to both domestic and international job sites.
- The ability to work in field construction conditions is required.
- Must have or can obtain applicable safety certifications including but not limited to OSHA10 General Construction, NFPA-70E
- Safe driving record