HVAC Mechanical Engineer
Oakwood Village OH
Sector: Mechanical Contractor
Category: Mechanical Engineer, Design
HVAC Mechanical Engineer
Medical – Dental – Vision – 401K w/Match – Paid Holidays – Paid Time Off
Overview: Unlock your HVAC Mechanical Engineering potential by becoming a key player. You will assist with delivering eco-friendly and cost-effective HVAC solutions and take projects from conceptualization to fully operational systems. You will collaborate in a vibrant team environment, engage with sales staff and clients both on-site and in the office.
- Collaborate with the sales staff and clients, contributing to the research, design, and installation of HVAC mechanical equipment for projects of varying scales.
- Engage directly with clients to understand project requirements, goals, design specifications, and operational environments, evaluating costs, feasibility, and the implementation of new HVAC equipment, including performing heat loss and heat gain calculations.
- Research, review, and discuss design application concepts and equipment selection with the sales team and vendors.
- Develop concept drawings for budgetary purposes, utilizing various software systems.
- Review and develop the sequence of operation with the sales and controls team.
- Analyze existing HVAC systems and equipment when necessary, identifying inefficiencies or malfunctions and devising solutions to optimize performance and increase efficiency.
- Contribute to sales presentations as needed.
- Stay current with national, state, and local codes, such as NFPA, Ohio Basic Building Codes, and ASHRAE Standards.
- Discuss field changes with sales and project management.
- Create as-built drawings when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and 3-5 years of experience in HVAC system design.
- Proficiency in design and software systems such as AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp 3D, or similar.
- Punctual with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advantageous to have Navisworks proficiency and some sales experience.
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification is a plus.
If you are an ambitious HVAC Mechanical Engineer seeking a challenging and rewarding role, apply now.
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!