Sector: Electrical Contractor
Category: Industrial Construction, Electrical Construction
Safety Officer – Electrical Construction – Charleston
We are seeking a Safety Officer to provide leadership and oversight for electrical construction safety and health. Reporting to the Division Manager and the Safety Director, the Safety Officer will play a crucial role in implementing and coordinating health and safety programs to ensure compliance with regulations, client requirements, and institutional policies. This position involves monitoring and providing technical field support for company project sites related to electrical construction.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable experience in electrical construction and OSHA 30 certification.
- Technical working knowledge of OSHA, USACE EM 385-1-1, and other state and federal guidelines.
- Proficient understanding of fall protection systems, electrical safety, permit-required confined spaces, excavation and trenching, load handling equipment, scaffolding, demolition, hazardous energy control, lockout/tagout, hazard communication, and incident investigation.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to teach, mentor, and lead.
- Capability to make independent judgments to manage and facilitate company programs/policies related to the safety of our work.
- Some overnight travel to jobsite locations will be required.
What You Will Be Doing
- Conduct initial site-specific safety and health orientations, covering the project Accident Prevention Plan (APP) and Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) for all project personnel.
- Ensure daily completion of Job Safety Analyses (JSAs) and Job Hazard Analyses (JHAs) by project personnel.
- Guarantee that all work activities adhere to the project-specific APP, AHAs, applicable OSHA regulations, and client requirements, including USACE EM385-1-1.
- Interface with project staff, regulatory agencies, and customers in collaboration with the Safety Director to formulate corrective actions when necessary.
- Perform on-site inspections and audits.
- Coordinate and track field personnel safety and health training and certificates.
- Provide support to project personnel in reporting incidents and near miss events, ensuring accurate information is communicated to the Safety and Human Resources Directors.
- Assist the Safety Director in investigating serious incidents and near miss events.
- Ensure implementation of corrective actions resulting from incident and near miss investigations, audits, and inspections.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Division Manager or Safety Director.
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!