Sector: Mechanical Contractor
Quality Assurance, Quality Control Manager/Certified Welding Inspector
We are looking for a Quality Assurance, Quality Control Manager with expertise in welding inspection, who will be responsible for ensuring that all welding and fabrication work adheres to the technical drawings, specifications, and relevant codes. The successful candidate will have a proven record of executing inspections in compliance with construction contracts, tolerances, and project specifications. The candidate should also possess a background as a pipe fitter.
- Manage and oversee all quality control activities, including inspection, testing, and documentation throughout the welding and fabrication process.
- Perform and supervise day-to-day quality control and quality assurance activities, including inspecting the welding workmanship, reviewing and approving quality control documentation, and coordinating with third-party inspection agencies.
- Prepare and compile all necessary documentation and reports, including quality control plans, inspection reports, and audits to ensure full compliance with the construction contract.
- Interface with the project manager, engineers, and clients to identify and resolve any quality-related issues or deviations from the project requirements.
- Develop and maintain quality control programs to ensure continuous improvement, and compliance with industry standards and codes.
- Conduct welding and other material testing to ensure that they are in compliance with the standards and specifications of the project.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in quality assurance and welding inspections.
- Quality inspection certification by the American Welding Society (AWS).
- In-depth knowledge and experience in interpreting blueprints, specifications, and codes (ASME, API, ASTM, etc.).
- Experience with welding processes, including GMAW, SMAW, FCAW, and GTAW.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interface with clients, contractors, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to lead, train and motivate others to achieve quality compliance.
- Willingness to travel to various project sites.
If you are a passionate and competent Quality Assurance, Quality Control Manager/Certified Welding Inspector seeking an exciting opportunity to work on challenging projects, this role could be great for you. Apply now.
Steven M. Brown, MSPSteven.Brown@Pivotworkforceus.com 1.480.240.2241
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!