Sector: Steel Fabrication
As a Quality Engineer, you will play a crucial role in providing technical expertise, defining project inspection requirements, developing and maintaining quality plans, and training personnel on inspection principles. Additionally, you will be responsible for data collection, root cause analysis, and preparing comprehensive reports to communicate organizational and project performance data.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Match – Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays
- Develop and maintain Inspection Test Plans, including subcontracted service scopes when necessary.
- Create and sustain Control Plans.
- Implement effective data collection methods for the Quality department and other departments as required.
- Participate in DFMEA/PFMEA discussions.
- Analyze and communicate organizational performance and non-conformance data.
- Provide technical quality support in engineering design reviews.
- Collaborate within the quality department to address trending issues and initiate corrective actions.
- Conduct initial and periodic Supplier Quality Audits.
- Assist in resolving external nonconformances and issues.
- Participate in individual education and development programs.
- Stay updated on relevant standards, codes, and regulations.
- Support in achieving quality department objectives.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Highly autonomous and self-driven.
- Proficient trainer and motivator.
- Ability to lead and enforce meeting participation.
- Skilled in guiding multidisciplinary teams towards a common goal.
- Capable of maintaining communication with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Effective in tactfully following up on action items.
- Proficient in direct communication and feedback elicitation.
- Advanced presentation skills using Microsoft Office Suite and other software packages.
- Extensive knowledge of ISO 9001 quality system requirements.
- Expert in various root cause and corrective action investigation techniques.
- Proficient in common industrial manufacturing processes.
- Expert in interpreting engineering drawings or specifications for product compliance.
- Intermediate in Statistical Process Control (SPC) methods.
- Intermediate in Quality data analytics and interpretation.
- Intermediate in Engineering design principles and philosophies.
- Intermediate in utilizing different software programs simultaneously.
- Basic understanding of metrology and measuring devices.
- Basic understanding of metallurgical principles.
- 10+ years of experience in nonconformance investigations, corrective action investigations, welding, and fabrication techniques, as well as good manufacturing (mechanical/electrical) installation practices.
- 5 years of experience in Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- ASQ certification in Quality Engineering (Or approved equivalent).
- ASQ certification in Root Cause Analysis (Or approved equivalent).
- ASQ certification in Internal Auditing (Or approved equivalent).
- 10 years + in: Nonconformance investigations, Corrective Action investigations, Welding and fabrication techniques, Good Manufacturing (mechanical/electrical) installation practices
- 5 years in: Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality Engineering from an accredited four-year program.
- Certified ASQ Quality Manager is a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt is a plus.
- Knowledge of new technologies and their application (Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, etc).
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
This role involves approximately 50% to 75% desk work with a computer. Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally. Performs other physical activities including use of fingers, sitting, stooping, bending, crouching, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field of vision necessary for data analysis and reading. The incumbent may be subject to outside environmental conditions.
Note: This role offers a competitive compensation package.
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!