HVAC Service Technician
Sector: Mechanical Contractor
Category: HVAC, Construction, Services
HVAC Service Technicians are responsible for:
- Performing assigned HVAC maintenance and troubleshooting task safely in commercial and industrial settings
- Performing preventative maintenance and repair of commercial HVAC equipment as needed
- Retrofitting and installation of commercial HVAC equipment including roof top units, split systems ranging in sizes up to 25 tons.
- Diagnosing causes of breakdowns, testing parts with appropriate instruments, disassembling and assembling parts, and making necessary repairs to equipment and associated components.
- Servicing, diagnosing and troubleshooting various types of split systems, packaged rooftop, rooftop units, heat pumps, DX systems, pneumatic, electrical control systems, and other mechanical equipment
- Diagnosing causes of breakdowns, test parts with appropriate instruments, disassemble and assemble parts, and make necessary repairs to equipment and associated components.
- Using your HVAC skills and experience to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain medium to large sized complex heating and cooling systems and associated control systems, ranging from 5 tons to 50 tons.
- Completing required electronic work order, reports, and documentation daily on a handheld device.
- Maintaining equipment by inspecting for signs of wear, scheduling and completing preventive maintenance work.
- Maintaining vehicles by keeping record of service manuals, scheduling and completing repair and maintenance services.
- Working independently, and as part of a team, to complete assigned tasks within an allotted time frame
- Operating company vehicle to complete mechanical equipment upgrades and retrofit projects within a specified territory
- Using a variety of hand tools, power tools and computer software.
- Evaluating area safety needs/requirements to provide feedback and recommendations to technicians, and assisting in the implementation of safety policies, procedures, and training.
- Performing other related duties or special projects, as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, but candidates who do not meet all of these, but are looking for their next career opportunity and enjoy learning are encouraged to apply still.
- Five to ten years of Service Installation experience
- Three years supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- EPA universal certification
- NATE certification preferred.
- Experience with RTU, air handlers, split systems, chilled water or boiler systems preferred.
- OSHA 10 certification preferred.
- Must have knowledge of various Mechanical products, systems, electronics, and controls.