Assistant Project Manager
Sector: General Commercial Construction
Category: Construction, Commercial general construction
Assistant Project Manager – Jacksonville, FL
We are seeking an Assistant Project Manager to collaborate with Project Managers in overseeing project activities to ensure adherence to cost, schedule, and quality standards. This position involves a range of administrative responsibilities, including computer-related tasks, paperwork management, communication facilitation, scheduling, and procurement and tracking of materials.
What You Will Be Doing
- Assist the Project Manager in obtaining cost estimates by acquiring pricing information.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of construction project schedules.
- Maintain organized and up-to-date job site files.
- Support the Project Manager in generating daily and monthly reports.
- Assist in securing necessary permits from governmental agencies and coordinate inspections with relevant authorities.
- Manage document control and distribution processes.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and Superintendent to coordinate the work of each trade.
- Contribute to the development of punch lists and oversee follow-up actions for timely completion of tasks.
- Assist in marketing projects.
- Undertake other duties assigned by the Project Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Solid understanding of construction principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Proficiency in using computers and software programs for job costing, scheduling, and estimating.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret architectural plans and specifications.
- Strong organizational and information evaluation skills with effective problem-solving abilities.
- Capacity to coordinate multiple major activities concurrently and prioritize tasks based on schedule demands.
- Capability to perform routine duties independently with minimal direction or supervision.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated personal drive, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- A 2-4 year degree in construction management, construction science, or engineering, and/or a minimum of 5 years of project management experience in the construction field.
With a background in psychology, I am a proud member of Team Europe, finding the right fit for my clients and the most exciting job opportunities for my candidates!